TOEFL VOCABULARY PRACTICE TEST 2
- The vital laws of geologic succession were not fully understood until the end of the
- It is a familiar phenomenon that an object released above the Earth’s surface accelerates
toward the Earth.
- The Earth’s magnetic fields have been investigated with increasing accuracy for over one
- In 1835, James Espy began extensive studies of storms from which he developed a theory
to explain their sources of energy.
- One of the most beneficial effects of the automobile has been to permit nearly everyone in
the automotive countries to travel for recreation.
- A major shift in propulsion technology during the postwar period caused the world to
adopt jet propulsion as the power source for military and passenger aircraft.
- Throughout the nineteenth century, a succession of improvements in textile machinery
steadily increased the volume of cloth and garment production.
- The human environment, in the biological sense, is chiefly a hostile one.
- All of the outer surfaces of the human body are covered with microorganisms that are
- One remarkable form of communication among insects is the dance language of the
- The celebrated beauty of Maine’s landscape and the character of its people have given the
state a stature beyond its political and economic importance.
- In the United Nations, controversies generated by political differences are generally settled
- The United States sustains an economic life that is more diversified than any other on.
- Remains of ancient people dating to 9000 B.C. have been found in the state of Ohio.
- Hawaii is economically vigorous, with extensive agriculture and manufacturing, and is a
Pacific Basin transportation and cultural center.
- The unique nature of viruses requires careful study to determine how they develop in host
- Active volcanoes are scattered over the area of the Earth known as the Ring of Fire.
- Theodore Roosevelt regarded vaudeville as an amusing North American pastime.
- Most migrant workers move in a well-established pattern according to the season of the
regions where they work.
- The standard definition of writing highlights the fact that writing is in principle the
representation of language rather than a direct representation of thought.
- An intensification of internal stress and conflict among social, racial, and ideological
groups has had profound effects on education in the twentieth century.
- Visible light is the most familiar form of electromagnetic radiation (4).
- Emotions influence the way humans conceive and interpret the world around them.
- All great encyclopedia makers have tried to objectively present (1) an accurate picture of
(A) an acceptable
(B) a balanced
(C) an enlightening
(D) a worthwhile
- Conservative groups and artists in Hollywood have never been able to sustain a beneficial
Click here to answer your questions: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIOQs3hPIdBXj4xAZLH6Gla9yFrGQr7BVxUdVbsumv6KhbAQ/viewform